|Manual of Style|
|How to Avoid Godmodding|
|Request for Deletion|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This is a policy on the content of our articles on Naruto Fanon Wiki.
- Using the title of another character, either from the fanon or canon, is not acceptable unless the title has been used by multiple people.
- A kage title, or something such as "God of Shinobi", while it should not be spammed, is acceptable because multiple people have used it. "Rebirth of Madara Uchiha", however, is not acceptable, because it is unique to a certain character. Same with Minato's "Yellow Flash".
- While characters can certainly take after canon characters, or be based on them, they cannot be carbon copies of them. If your character has the same history, appearance, personality, and abilities as a canon character, or any combination of the four (or very similar personality, appearance, history, and abilities), then you are in violation of this rule. We are a wiki that promotes originality.
- Using a character's likeness (such as is done on Ryun Uchiha's page) is not against the rules unless you are also copying other aspects of the character used.
- Do not create carbon copies of canon techniques just so that your character has another kekkei genkai's techniques. If your technique does the exact same thing a canon techniques does, it will be deleted on sight.
- Follow the template guidelines; if you cannot find proper Japanese kanji and romanji translations for your technique, then mark it as "unnamed".
Kekkei genkai articles
- Kekkei genkai should, by no means, mimic others. The Byakugan cannot do what the Sharingan can. Iron Release cannot do what Wood Release can, so on and so forth.
- Naming villages after clans is unacceptable.
- Example: "Uchihagakure" isn't going to be happening.
Canon is the Standard
Basically, this means what it says. The canon of the Naruto manga is our standard on this site. This doesn't mean you can't have alternate universes and whatnot, as this primarily goes for jutsu, but also for villages and characters.
- Kekkei genkai and kekkei tōta are solid. Earth and Water forms Wood Release. Nothing else.
- If a technique, character, etc., is said to have a weakness in canon, it has that weakness here too, no matter what technique you invent. For example, Sage Mode does not make iron resistant to rust.
Violations of this policy are punishable. The following method should be followed for carrying out these consequences;
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Article deletion
- Third offense: 1 week block
- Fourth offense: 1 month block
- Fifth offense: 1 year block
- Further offense: Permanent block