|This article, Source Veins, is property of Deathaiser.|
Source Veins (由来脈,Yuraimyaku) is a collective term given to concentrated sources or minerals that house extreme and unique energy. It is stated that the energy is produced by these sources differs from chakra and unlike it, several of the veins cannot be accessed by anyone and often have set conditions for their use.
- Gelel Veins (ゲレル脈,Gererumyaku) is a source of life energy contained in a minerals often appearing a stones. The energy of the vein, when embedded into a person's body, grants them incredible regenerative powers as well as seemingly halt aging. Those who have the stone inside their bodies can manipulate Gelel energy for combat purposes.
- Dragon Veins (龍脈,Ryūmyaku) are ancient sources of energy that flows deep in the earth, and can grant infinite power to those who harness it. It is known that they can be only be opened and closed by those with special blood, however once opened, anyone can use it.
- Shichimyaku (死血脈, Dead Blood Vein) is planetary network composed of unique blood from the deceased of countless wars what once plagued Earth. Unlike other types of veins, these veins exist wherever God Trees exist and are generally undetectable by most. Control of the vein allows the user to generate and manipulate wood of the God Tree, as well as vastly enhancing their chakra, healing and physical capabilities while granting them unparalleled control over blood. All Dead Blood Veins are connected interdimensionally.
- Nature Veins (自然脈,Shizenmyaku) are large concentrations of Natural Energy, these veins are known to be one of the rarest types and are often used in the training of Sages. Within this type of veins are two unique veins known as the Spirit Gates. These gates are known to connect the Pure Land with the Living World and are often depicted with as a series of light pillars. Due to their nature they are often protected by a guardian spirit.
- Dusk Veins (日暮れ脈, Higuremyaku) are concentrations of mental anguish corrupting the natural environment and often gives rise to monstrous beasts. These veins are known to be the easiest forming, as they are created from war and atrocities within a location. While being easy to create, they are the only type of vein that can be depleted or destroyed and is usually done through purifying the area around the vein.
- Rōran- Source of the Ryūmyaku: A Dragon Vein located in the destroyed kingdom of Rōran within the Land of Wind. Known to be sealed away by the last queen of Rōran Sāra. The vein was later reopened by the Sixth Kazekage who used to transform Sunagakure and the Land of Wind.
- Temujin's Continent - Stone of Gelel: A Gelel Vein first discovered long ago as a vein of ore by Temujin's ancestors. Only the royal blood of his clan could forge stones from the ore, a process performed with flesh and blood of the body. These same forgers were also the only ones capable of implanting the stones into bodies, as well as destroying them. The entire deposit of Gelel is said to be capable of destroying half a continent. For this reason a long and costly war was fought over it, resulting in the ore being sealed away by Temujin's ancestors. It was relocated by Haido who wanted to use it to rule the world. After a battle with Naruto and Temujin, the vein was destroyed.
- Land of Demons - Spirit Forest: A Nature Vein within the land of Demons.
- Shiogakure - Wells: Located in the underwater village of Shiogakure, it houses both a Dragon and Gelel. Unlike other veins, it is known to be manipulated with weapon Amenonuhoko, which acts as a controller.
- Moon - Shizensentō: A large nature vein created by Shinkairen and Kaname after setting up the moon kingdom. Like most nature veins, it is were potential sages are trained.
- Ryūchi Cave: is one of the big three legendary unexplored sage regions, and home to a large Nature vein. It is the residence of the snakes and is governed by the sacred White Snake Sage.
- Mount Myōboku: is one of the big three legendary unexplored sage regions, and home to a large Nature vein. It's the land of toads, Mount Myōboku is a rich and beautiful land, whose ultimate authority seems to be the Great Toad Sage. Shima and Fukasaku are both elders and sages, and they seem to have an even higher authority than Gamabunta himself.
- Shikkotsu Forest: is one of the big three legendary unexplored sage regions, and home to a large Nature vein. It is the home of various animals unlike the other big three is know to be the home of the slug Katsuyu.
- It is noted the color of the energy produced by the veins is different for every vein.
- The concept of the veins are loosely based Ley lines.